Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to Eric's Area 5... THE BLOG!

     Eric's Area 5 used to be a wiki website on wetpaint.com, created by myself, and ran by some of the most wonderful ladies I have ever met.

    Unfortunately though, the original EA5 was shut down, and when I say shut down, I mean Wetpaint blocked and banned it.  I hadn't been on it much in a while, because other things had taken over and I wasn't able to get on. But Wetpaint, shut down my site without giving me a notification and/or a chance to remove anything that could've been considered a TOS (Terms of Service).

But NOOOOO! They Just shut it down, no warnings, no email nothing to my administrators or Moderators...just absolutely NOTHING!

I mean what kind of crap is that? I mean really....I went into Wetpaint Central to see if others have had this happen to them as well. And yes, more blogs have been effected by Wetpaint "Cleaning house" so to speak. And one of the members, who by the way doesn't agree with the way things are done had posted this in one of the threads about the sites being blocked.
   "they can completely justify their by actions using their Terms of Service. Please read the following excerpt, which comes directly from Wetpaint's TOS.
'Wetpaint reserves the right to remove sites from public view, delete, or purge the content with or without cause, with or without notice for any reason, including, without limitation if we determine in our sole discretion that the content is harmful, offensive, illegal, or inappropriate for the subject matter of the Site.'
As you can see, Wetpaint is permitted to remove any wiki from public view without first notifying the site administrators."

I think that's not a good way to be running things, because that is just a good way to lose members, like it has lost me, well sort of because the True Blood Wiki is on Wetpaint. So every now and then I will be going on there to chit chat and hang out and see what is what.

But other than that, not gonna happen.

So furthermore, I hope everyone who joins this blog will enjoy what will eventually be here, and will contribute to make this a fun blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment